Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

just another day...right?

Change is something that can scare you and hold you back. 

Change is also something to help you grow and become someone you never thought possible.

Ryan and I are heading the that "never thought possible direction" which is actually scary haha. I can't talk about it now but I will in the upcoming weeks.

ONE thing I can talk about however. 

For the next three days 
I am selling my two of my prints on
{It is a site that allows vendors to sell their items, similar to 

They liked what I created and wanted me to be available to sell both.
{What their liking was: 
"Always Look on the Bright Side" 
and "Whats In A Name"}

 Makes me nervous haha and scares me. However, I have experienced a change. Actually doing what I love, other people love. I don't know if it is more of a shock? Or a, "wow, haha I am talented in a different way compared to other people". 

In my opinion, people today are all shooting for the same thing
"to be different". Some either:

1. Try too hard to be liked
2. Try too hard to be like someone else
3. Don't try enough
  
or...

4. Try it just right. It only works if you trust yourself, take positive criticism well. And not care what anyone else thinks or says that's negative. 

As I mentioned in my last post, it is hard putting your self out there and becoming 

VULNERABLE 
to the rest of the world.

BUT it doesn't hurt to just try.
I did. And it's been great. 
Successful as Martha Stewart or not, at least I know I tried. 

Everyone involved with creating anything should try and take an opportunity such as this.

I have had to remember these 3 things

1. Don't worry too much. 
2. Have faith in yourself, and take pride in what you do.
3. Whats the worse they can say....no?

Even if you don't appeal to my design taste, these sites are fun to search and are really steal of a deals. They have items that fit to a range of styles. 

I will tell more about this experience next week so...stay tuned.

if you want? 

Much love,

JPB

No comments:

Post a Comment