Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

a little thing called a family reunion...

Summer isn't the same with a family reunion.
Am I right?
Am I right?

I think I am. Reason being because I love my family. Especially the Olsen's! The reunion was in Hyrum, Utah- about 5-10 minutes outside of logan. We are a wild but fun and loving bunch. This reunion was really cool because its the first time in awhile forever my grandma and all her siblings were together. They are all living, except the youngest shirley. 
{She was 16 years old and passed away of a blood disease.}

I love having these people in my life. They are amazing role models to me! They of an older generation but still are alive and well and healthy. They grew up in Emery, Utah. Learned how to work at an early age and still continue to do that today. 

SIDE NOTE: Pretty much related to that whole town. 

FRIDAY
My uncle Bruce built a huge western town in his backyard. It has taken him about 2 years and he still won't stop-which is AWESOME. He has put a lot of time and effort to build this for family, friends, and anyone who wants to use it. Very creative and great place for everyone to get together.






The reunion started with some smores and ice cream {ry, the babe, and I missed it because we were getting ice cream with glen and hailey!} 

We still got there at a decent time and chatted for awhile of course and said all our hellos--then went to bed cause we had a busy day the next day. 

SATURDAY
Is a special day...we ran a 5k! --no we did not plan the colors.
{Before the start--7:00am, ish.} 
{Kathy is PUMPED}
{Me and the babe haha--last place}
{Everyone--we made it!}
{Had to get one of all of us of course} 
Our whole family {give or take a few :)} ran and ran it seemed like. We started off and me being in last place had the babe and the stroller. MAN that was tough. It was windy and the stroller was pushing me and ya haha I was in last place for a wee bit longer than I wanted. 

HOWEVER... I did run the whole time just had some extra weight with me {which was fun}. Baby Blaire loved it, then she fell asleep haha. 

My sweetheart of a husband finished before me {as did everyone else} and came to rescue me. He let me run the rest of the way and he pushed the baby back. {he is always doing the nicest things for me!} 

The rest of the day we all just hung out and talked in the STEAMING hot weather. Literally, it was very high humidity and about 100 degrees outside. But we all endured and looked at old pictures {not to mention a picture of my mom and dad for their wedding announcement--not normal haha}. Funny to
 see how everyone dressed and looked.

{Ry and the Babe} 
{Bruce and Judy Ann} 

{YEAH CHELS! :)}
{Aunt Sheila!}
{Bruce telling a story haha}
{Baby being her usual self}

{all those picture books} 

{Cecil telling a story} 
{Oh the memory sharing...}

{Sisters hard at work...haha}

{Chels the master artist making her bracelt!}

{Twinners!}

{They loved this swing haha}
{See? :)--Cecil, Grandpa Brent, and Dave}
{Kathy and Connie}
{The master Chef of Dutch Oven HIMSELF!}

{Dinner time!}






Later that night we had a talent show/program. It was hilarious of course. The Olsen's can't do anything without laughing. Love it.
{Michelle playing her heart out}

{My awesome Grandpa telling a poem :) my favorite!}

{The Jokester :)}

{Me and my gramps}

{Uncle Bruce}

{Connie, Uncle Bruce, and Kathy singing away}



{Stacy and the babe}


THEN came time for the family picture. OH BOY. Talk about everyone wanting to NOT take the picture, wanting to go home, kids were screaming...but we did it! haha
{really though haha. no one wanted to.}

{Scrambling haha}

{Everyone wanted to take one though!}
{The Olsen Siblings, Cecil, Bruce, Ada, Grandma Karen, and Sheila}

{Their spouses}

{The children}

{The grandkids haha...me and chels and grandma}

{Chels, Gramps and I}

I mean how can we not take a picture, this was a moment in time that may not ever happen again. 

GOODBYE
Man these are tough.

Sunday came around and we had a yummy dutch oven breakfast. Can I just tell you how amazing FANTABULOUS the food was the whole weekend. I could have just taken pictures of that. Anyways back to the goodbye part.
{grandma sherri and baby}



{All telling their stories}
Everyone was sitting around and my grandma and her siblings started telling stories of their childhood. Uncle bruce blowing up things with dynamite, people trying to blow them up, kids got away with a lot back then haha.  Then everyone decided it was time to go. 

We said a family prayer and everyone was off on their way. It was really neat {this will sound cliche} but there was so much love there. The spirit was strong and very heartfelt. These people and their actions are made me where I am today with the gospel, and more. It was a reminder that family truly is the most important thing we have to hold onto. Ryan and I want that for our family. Being able to be together no matter what anyones circumstance is. Also helped us realize how important the temple is and both on earth and for our ancestors. We can do so much for our family by doing the simplest things. 

I love all these people and wouldn't trade anything to have them in my life. 

Love you guys! 




No comments:

Post a Comment